Patient Care Representative (Reception)
|Job title:||Patient Care Representative (Reception)|
|Company:||Virginia Spine Institute|
We are looking for full-time or part-time availability.
Serves patients and visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of patient arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making exceptional first impression on new patients and providing a cordial welcome to returning patients in person or on the telephone.
- Greet patients, execute check-in/check-out procedures, explain patient process and paperwork throughout relationship with patient.
- Schedules patient appointments and confirms appointments over the phone with patients.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring visitors and schedule.
- Contribute to team effort by being ready to fill-in at any position as needed within the Front Desk.
- Responsible for collecting co-payments and any prior balances from patients.
- Handles dictation from each patients visits.
- Distributes faxes that come in through our main fax line.
- Prepares charts 2 days in advance of a patient appointment.
- Generate and maintain clear, concise and accurate records and files.
- Vigilantly maintain cleanliness and safety of check-in/check-out area.
- Completed at least 2 years of college and/or have 3-5 years of reception or administrative assistant experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Conscientious, thorough and precise particularly with details, stable, tolerant and supportive.
- Able to give constructive feedback on how to make the department better.
- Take change well and with a positive attitude.
- Friendly, respectful and cooperative with co-workers.