Status: Full Time
Apply or inquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exceptional Opportunity for a Medical Billing Specialist
Virginia Spine Institute (VSI), the premier Center of Excellence for spinal health in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, is seeking a Medical Billing Specialist to join our elite team. This position will report to the Director of Billing and join a comprehensive team of 10 Billing and Authorization Specialists. This team is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s revenue cycle, including claims submission, coding, payment posting, denial management and account receivables follow up. This position requires a candidate with a strong medical billing background as well as exceptional customer service skills and phone etiquette.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage insurance accounts receivable, including timely follow up of denied claims, contacting insurance companies for status of claims and preparation of appeals.
- Manage patient accounts receivable, including corresponding with patients to resolve account inquiries and establish payment plans. Prepares accounts for external collection agency.
- Prepare claims for submission including charge entry and submission of electronic and paper claims.
- Identify trends in denials and opportunities for improvement in the billing process.
- Provide excellent standard of customer service when communicating with patients to resolve all inquiries regarding billing, outstanding balance or overall account status.
- Responsible for reviewing patient records, including operative reports and procedure notes, for correct coding, appropriate documentation, and compliance with industry guidelines and standards.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field, post graduate degree preferred
- 1-3 years of billing experience in the health care industry
- Candidate should be familiar with HCFA 1500, UB 92, CPT and ICD9 coding rules
- Solution oriented problem solver, helpful and strong organizational skills
- Preferred experience in physician billing with an emphasis on collections
- Proficient with oral and written communication, articulate, professional and friendly
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.