EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR AN INSURANCE AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST
Virginia Spine Institute (VSI), the premier Center of Excellence for spinal health in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, is seeking an Insurance Authorization Specialist to join our elite team. This position will report to the Director of Billing and join a comprehensive team of 10 Billing and Authorization Specialists. This position is responsible for obtaining prior authorization for various medical procedures. This position requires a candidate with exceptional customer service skills and phone etiquette.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for facilitating prior authorization for a variety of services (surgery, injections, medications, imaging, etc.) in a timely manner and working efficiently to facilitate a final approval.
· Ensures all pertinent medical documentation is accurate and complete prior to authorization submission.
· Tracks and monitors prior authorization status throughout out the insurance approval process.
· Utilizes a thorough working knowledge of insurance plans and medical policies to complete prior authorization requirements.
· Coordinates with clinical staff during the prior authorization process to include notification of prior authorization approvals and denials in addition to facilitating appeals and peer-to-peer reviews with the payer.
· Responsible for insurance benefits verification.
· Works directly with the Director of Billing to identify trends in denials and opportunities for improvement in the authorization process.
· Provides superior customer service when communicating with patients to resolve all inquiries regarding insurance authorization requirements.
· Bachelors degree in business or related field
· 1-3 years of billing or authorization experience in the healthcare industry
· Solution oriented problem solver, helpful and strong organizational skills
· Strong multitasking ability; detail oriented
· Proficient with oral and written communication, articulate, professional and friendly
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.