Virginia Spine Institute (VSI), the leading multidisciplinary spinal healthcare practice in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, is seeking a Front Desk/Patient Care Representative to join our elite team. This role is responsible for managing the patient experience and ensuring that VSI’s standards of excellence are carried over into every patient interaction; both in-person or over the phone. Serving as a first point of contact, the Patient Care Representative plays an integral role in establishing and maintaining patient relationships for this concierge practice. In this role you will be required to use creativity to resolve any challenges that may arise throughout the course of the day, while maintaining a can-do attitude.
This is a full-time position offering competitive pay, full benefits, 401k plan with a Company match, and three weeks of paid time off. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, have a strong propensity to work as part of a comprehensive team, and will be enthusiastic about delivering unparalleled patient care.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible for making exceptional first impression to new patients and providing a warm welcome to returning patients in person or on the telephone.
· Greet patients, execute check-in/check-out procedures, and explain patient process and paperwork throughout relationship with patient.
· Schedule patient appointments and confirm appointments over the phone with patients.
· Maintain security by following established procedures; monitor visitors and schedule.
· Responsible for collecting patient payments.
· Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls with customer service excellence.
· Generate and maintain clear, concise and accurate electronic records and files.
· Ensure cleanliness and safety of the environment.
· Ability to work proficiently at any front desk position as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Completed at least 2 years of college and/or have 3-5 years of reception or administrative assistant experience
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google platforms
· EMR and/or Salesforce experience is a bonus
· Organized multi-tasker; process-focused and internally motivated
· Conscientious, supportive, stable, patient, thorough and precise; pays attention to details
· Able to utilize creative problem solving when confronted with difficult situations
· Friendly, respectful and cooperative with co-workers; a team player
· Operates calmly and efficiently in a highly dynamic environment
· Exhibits empathy and compassion toward patients; driven to go well beyond what is ‘expected’
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent phone etiquette