laser spine surgery
For over 25 years, the spinal specialists at Virginia Spine Institute have treated a diverse range of spinal conditions using the safest, most effective treatment option available. Laser Spine Surgery provides a minimally invasive surgical technique that aims to minimize tissue disruption and relieve pain quickly.
WHAT IS LASER SPINE SURGERY?
Lasers have been utilized as a tool in spine surgery since the 1980s and continues to be one of many surgical options to treat spinal conditions depending on the location and severity of a patient’s problem.
Laser spine surgery utilizes a focused beam of light (laser technology) to remove soft tissues over the spine through a small incision. This is most commonly done to treat herniated or ruptured discs, removing the damaged portion of the disc to reduce pain.
Learn if you are a candidate for this treatment.
BENEFITS OF LASER SPINE SURGERY
The benefits of this minimally invasive procedure include:
- More effective surgical outcomes
- Faster recovery time and less post-operative pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less anesthesia and radiation exposure
- Smaller incisions leading to less scarring
- Reduced blood loss during surgery
- Reduced risk of infection
THE SYMPTOMS & CONDITIONS THAT BENEFIT THE MOST
While laser spine surgery is not the most effective treatment option for all conditions, it can benefit the following symptoms and conditions:
- Back or neck pain without radiating pain into the arms or legs
- Back pain that affects the buttocks, hips, and/or legs
- Weakness and/or numbness in the arms/legs
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Bulging or Herniated Disc
- Pinched Nerve
- Spinal Stenosis
FIND OUT IF LASER SPINE SURGERY IS RIGHT FOR YOU
The spinal specialists at Virginia Spine Institute will perform a thorough evaluation and provide treatment recommendations based on the patient’s recovery goals. Laser spine surgery may not be appropriate for all patients and may not be recommended as the safest, most effective treatment option for your condition.
Learn more about whether you are a candidate for Laser Spine Surgery.