Bachelor of Science,
University of Delaware
Masters in Physical Therapy,
Kevin M. Dandy, PT, MPT, CMPT
Kevin has successfully treated a diverse patient population with a wide array of pathologies. He is experienced in treating complex orthopedic conditions related to the spine and extremities, sports-medicine injuries, chronic pain, and post-surgical interventions. His patient’s have ranged from professional and college athletes to the geriatric patient. Kevin is also active in the aquatic physical therapy program at Virginia Therapy and Fitness Center.
Kevin firmly believes that finding and correcting the root of the problem, and not just treating symptoms, is the key to quality physical therapy. He utilizes a treatment philosophy in which he assesses each patient for biomechanical or movement dysfunctions. He believes that an accurate diagnosis is the key to performing appropriate interventions. As a certified manual physical therapist, Kevin has advanced training in hands-on treatment including spine and extremity joint manipulation, mobilization, trigger point dry needling, manual and tool-assisted soft tissue mobilization and myofascial release. He also incorporates patient education, neuromuscular re-education, and therapeutic exercise to restore function, reduce pain, and help each patient reach his or her individual goals.
Certifications & Training:
- Certified Manual Physical Therapist (CMPT)
- North American Institute of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy, Levels I-IV
- Advanced trigger point and functional dry needling
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation training, Institute of Physical Art
- Kinesiology taping certification, Spider Tech
- Lead Instructor, Institute of Advanced Musculoskeletal Treatments (IAMT)
Kevin is an outdoor adventurer, no matter the season!