Bachelor of Science,
Doctorate in Physical Therapy,
Rich Banton, PT, DPT, OCS, CMPT, ATC
Virginia Therapy & Fitness Center, Clinical Director
As a co-director for Virginia Therapy & Fitness Center's practice, Rich is a dynamic leader in the field of physical therapy. He earned dual degrees in sports medicine and physical therapy, which he pairs with the latest advanced treatment techniques to get patients back to their active lifestyles and professions. His practice is focused in treating competitive individuals who are driven to get back "in the game!" His niche is specifically working with athletes ranging from weekend warriors, collegiate student-athletes, avid tri-athletes, marathoners, and professional athletes; including Olympic and NFL players, NASCAR and the LPGA. His dedication to advancing the profession has him fluent in trigger point dry needling, custom orthotics and Functional Capacity Evaluations, as well as a variety of orthopaedic, neurologic and pediatric conditions. Rich's dedication to continuing education finds him teaching other physical therapists through course work through the Institute of Advanced Musculoskeletal Treatments.
Certifications & Training
- Masters in Physical Therapy
- Transitional Doctorate in Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist
- Certified Manual Physical Therapist
- Certified Athletic Trainer, National Athletic Trainers Association
- Certified Golf Fitness Instructor, Blankenship Functional Capacity Evaluator
- North American Institute of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy Levels I- IV
- Trigger Point Dry Needling
Once (a long time ago) Rich hit a hole in one! Smarty Pants: Guess who was valedictorian of his high school class? We didn't want to share this, but Rich is a dedicated Willie Nelson fan.