The Customer Service Representative is an integral part of the marketing team and serves as the first impression for new patient prospects who are seeking an initial consultation with one of our physicians. To be successful in the role this outgoing professional will quickly connect with the caller and build rapport while conveying the benefits of our practice, displaying empathy, and converting prospect callers into new patients.
The Customer Service Representative plays an integral role in new patient acquisition for this dynamic, fast-paced concierge medical practice. This position provides an opportunity to represent the practice brand, learn about medical conditions and procedures, and collaborate with the medical team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a polished, professional phone experience for new patient prospects.
- Display exemplary customer service that reinforces our concierge model, luxury brand, mission, and core values.
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with the caller and apply sales tactics in order to make the conversion.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of scheduling initial consultation: setting expectations on the process, pairing with an appropriate doctor, detailing insurance coverage, discussing financials, and addressing questions and concerns.
- Effectively cross-sell other services within the practice.
- Listen attentively, display empathy, and act in a solution-oriented manner, all while fulfilling the caller’s requests while following practice procedures.
- Detail-oriented ability to meticulously complete required documentation and follow-up protocols.
- Anticipates the needs of the caller and creative problem-solving.
- Ability to effectively multi-task; answering phones and carrying on an engaged conversation, all while simultaneously entering data into two software platforms.
- Collaborates as part of a team and effectively works across departments where necessary; also has the ability to manage and prioritize work independently.
- Creative Problem Solving: Swiftly assesses an atypical situation and is able to piece together an innovative solution that delights the caller while abiding by practice policy.
- Detail Oriented: Whether it is in the spoken word, keen listening skills, or data/documentation, the candidate must have a knack for recognizing and documenting key details.
- Closing Ability: Being able to end each phone conversation with confirmed satisfaction and with the customer feeling that everything has been taken care of.
- Clear Communication Skills/Ability to Use Positive and Confident Language: Efficiently and effectively communicates practice information, scheduling details, insurance coverage, and financial information. Polished, positive delivery is essential for desired conversion rates.
- Perceptive: Because of the phone-based nature of this position, one must be naturally suited to read the caller’s emotional state/personality/patience over the phone and match their tone, pace, and style.
- Flexibility: Goal-oriented and eager to learn new skills, understand policies, and adapt processes as the practice and role evolve.
- Emotional Intelligence: Listening intently to callers and anticipating their needs/reading between the lines is critical for the success of this role.
- Agility: Ability to swiftly toggle between software systems while actively engaging in conversation and inputting accurate data.
Sales, customer service, or phone-based experience preferred; Spanish speaking is a plus.
The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s revenue cycle, including claims submission, coding, payment posting, denial management, and account receivables follow-up. This position requires a candidate with a strong medical billing background as well as exceptional customer service skills and phone etiquette. This is a full-time position working out of our Reston, VA office, and reporting to the Director of Billing.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage insurance accounts receivable, including timely, follow up of denied claims, contacting insurance companies for the status of claims, and preparation of appeals.
- Manage patient accounts receivable, including corresponding with patients to resolve account inquiries and establish payment plans. Prepares accounts for an external collection agency.
- Prepare claims for submission including charge entry and submission of electronic and paper claims.
- Identify trends in denials and opportunities for improvement in the billing process.
- Provide an excellent standard of customer service when communicating with patients to resolve all inquiries regarding billing, outstanding balance, or overall account status.
- Responsible for reviewing patient records, including operative reports and procedure notes, for correct coding, appropriate documentation, and compliance with industry guidelines and standards.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field, post-graduate degree preferred
- 1-3 years of billing experience in the health care industry
- Candidate should be familiar with HCFA 1500, UB 92, CPT, and ICD coding rules
- Solution-oriented problem solver, helpful and strong organizational skills
- Preferred experience in physician billing with an emphasis on collections
- Proficient with oral and written communication, articulate, professional, and friendly
Virginia Spine Institute (VSI), the leading interdisciplinary spinal healthcare practice in the nation, is seeking a Medical Scribe to join our medical team. This role will support two of our non-surgical physicians including accompanying them during office visits and documenting patient encounters.
This is a full-time position at our Reston office suite. The position offers competitive pay, full benefits, a 401k plan with a company match, and three weeks of paid time off. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, able to work independently as well as with a team, and will be enthusiastic about delivering unparalleled patient care.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Accompany physician into the patient examination room to transcribe history and physical exam
- Document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present
- Document all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of six months experience as a medical scribe
- Experience in eClinicalWorks strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and management
Virginia Spine Institute (VSI), the leading multidisciplinary spinal healthcare practice in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, is seeking a Patient Care Representative to join our reception team. This role is responsible for managing the patient experience and ensuring that VSI’s standards of excellence are carried over into every patient interaction; whether in-person or over the phone. Serving as a first point of contact, the Patient Care Representative plays an integral role in establishing and maintaining patient relationships. With every positive patient interaction, the Patient Care Representative is contributing to VSI’s sustained success and making a difference in our patients’ lives.
This is a full-time position working out of our Reston office. The position offers competitive pay, full benefits, 401k plan with a Company match, and three weeks of paid time off. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, able to work independently as well as with a team, and will be enthusiastic about delivering unparalleled patient care.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for making exceptional first impression to new patients and providing a warm welcome to returning patients in person or on the telephone.
- Greet patients, execute check-in/check-out procedures, and explain patient process and paperwork throughout relationship with patient.
- Schedule patient appointments and confirm appointments over the phone with patients.
- Maintain security by following established procedures; monitor visitors and schedule.
- Responsible for collecting patient payments.
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls with customer service excellence.
- Generate and maintain clear, concise and accurate electronic records and files.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of the environment.
- Ability to work proficiently at any front desk position as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed at least 2 years of college and/or have 3-5 years of reception or administrative assistant experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google platforms
- EMR experience is a bonus
- Organized multi-tasker; process-focused and internally motivated
- Conscientious, supportive, stable, patient, thorough and precise; pays attention to details
- Able to utilize creative problem solving when confronted with difficult situations
- Friendly, respectful and cooperative with co-workers; a team player
- Operates calmly and efficiently in a highly dynamic environment
- Exhibits empathy and compassion toward patients; driven to go well beyond what is ‘expected’
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; conceirge phone etiquette
A VSI Medical Assistant is a talented and empathetic health care professional who works as a part of our nationally recognized team to provide the highest quality care to our patients. As a concierge practice, each team member is expected to deliver elevated care for our patients and work collaboratively with our medical team and support functions. The VSI Medical Assistant directly assists the physicians and physician assistants while keeping patient satisfaction a top priority.
- The ideal candidate must possess superior customer service skills and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team; must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and work at a fast pace, all with a smile and a cheerful disposition. Words to best describe successful individuals in this role: strong work ethic, caring, empathetic, cooperative, supportive, service-oriented (“How can I help you?”), clear communicator, detail-oriented.
- A college degree is preferred.
- Training is provided.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist physicians and physician assistants with preparing patients for examinations and procedures.
- Greet and escort patients to exam rooms, obtain and document patient history and chief complaint, and prepare them for the office visit.
- Prepare all medication prescriptions, physical therapy orders, diagnostic testing orders, and others in accordance with the physician’s direction.
- Provide patient education with regards to office policies, medications, management of disease, home treatments, and special diets using appropriate medical terminology as directed by the physician.
- Respond to patient phone calls and assist with their needs.
- Calling prescriptions into the pharmacy for the physician.
- Obtain any necessary insurance authorizations for the patient’s treatment.
- Exhibit appropriate and professional legal and ethical conduct.
- Maintain supplies, equipment, stocking, and sterilizing instruments ensuring work cores and patient rooms are presentable.
- Practicing OSHA safety standards.
- Acquire data from patients for studies in which they may be enrolled
- Other duties as assigned
The Virginia Spine Institute (VSI), the leading multidisciplinary spinal healthcare practice in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, is seeking a fellowship trained (neuromuscular) Neurologist to join our elite team. In this dynamic role the physician will evaluate, treat and counsel patients or others on the background of neurological disorders including risk factors and genetic or environmental concerns through techniques such as Electromyography (EMG), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT), and Positron Emission Tomography (PET).
This position is an integral part of a comprehensive team, which includes 3 pain management physicians, 4 spinal surgeons, 12 PAs, and 12 PTs who are experts in manual therapy. For candidates that have a research interest, we have a full research program available including full-time PhDs.
This position offers excellent compensation, rewarding incentive structure, full benefits, malpractice, matching retirement plan, paid CME and vacation time. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, independent and optimistic, as well as have a strong propensity to work as part of a comprehensive team to deliver unparalleled patient care.
Virginia Spine Institute
For 30 years VSI has provided the best quality spinal health care, non-operatively and operatively, to over 90,000 patients. Our physicians are ranked among the best in America. We have been designated as a Center for Excellence in spinal healthcare by the National Spine Health Foundation. VSI and our staff of 100+ are thrilled to have been recognized as a Great Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal, the Washington Post and Washingtonian Magazine. We are also proud to work with elite amateur and professional athletes.
VSI is located just 15 miles from Washington, DC in beautiful Reston, VA, known for its active lifestyle, tremendous energy and highly educated community. We are 6 miles from Washington Dulles International Airport with Reagan National and Baltimore Washington airports within close proximity. Being located in Fairfax County not only brings rich culture and a diverse population but boasts highly ranked schools, incredible historical sites and easy access to a vast number of recreational activities.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!