The Virginia Spine Institute (VSI), the leading interdisciplinary spinal healthcare practice in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, is expanding and seeking a fellowship-trained, board-certified/board eligible PM&R physician to join our exceptional team. In this dynamic role, the physician will evaluate and treat spinal and musculoskeletal conditions through such techniques as injection therapies, regenerative medicine, diagnostic ultrasound, and EMG.
This position will work as an integral part of a comprehensive team, which includes 3 pain management, physical medicine & rehabilitation physicians, 1 neurologist, 4 spine surgeons, 12 physician assistants, 12 physical therapists, and a robust support team. For candidates that have a research interest, we have a full research program available.
This position offers excellent compensation, a rewarding incentive structure, full benefits, malpractice insurance, matching retirement plan, paid CME and paid time off. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, optimistic, and have a strong desire to work as part of a comprehensive team to deliver unparalleled patient care.
Virginia Spine Institute
For almost 30 years VSI has provided the best quality spinal health care, non-operatively and operatively, to over 90,000 patients. Our physicians are ranked among the best in America. We have been designated as a Center for Excellence in spinal healthcare by the National Spine Health Foundation. VSI and our staff of 100+ are thrilled to have been recognized as a Great Place to Work by the Washington Post, the Washington Business Journal, and Washingtonian Magazine. We are also proud to work with elite amateur and professional athletes.
VSI is located just 15 miles from Washington, DC in beautiful Reston, VA, known for its active lifestyle, tremendous energy, and highly educated community. We are 6 miles from Washington Dulles International Airport with Reagan National and Baltimore Washington airports within close proximity. Being located in Fairfax County not only brings rich culture and a diverse population but boasts highly ranked schools, incredible historical sites, and easy access to a vast number of recreational activities.
MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST
The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s revenue cycle, including claims submission, coding, payment posting, denial management, and account receivables follow-up. This position requires a candidate with a strong medical billing background as well as exceptional customer service skills and phone etiquette. This is a full-time position working out of our Reston, VA office, and reporting to the Director of Billing.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage insurance accounts receivable, including timely, follow up of denied claims, contacting insurance companies for the status of claims, and preparation of appeals.
- Manage patient accounts receivable, including corresponding with patients to resolve account inquiries and establish payment plans. Prepares accounts for an external collection agency.
- Prepare claims for submission including charge entry and submission of electronic and paper claims.
- Identify trends in denials and opportunities for improvement in the billing process.
- Provide an excellent standard of customer service when communicating with patients to resolve all inquiries regarding billing, outstanding balance, or overall account status.
- Responsible for reviewing patient records, including operative reports and procedure notes, for correct coding, appropriate documentation, and compliance with industry guidelines and standards.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field, post-graduate degree preferred
- 1-3 years of billing experience in the health care industry
- Candidate should be familiar with HCFA 1500, UB 92, CPT, and ICD coding rules
- Solution-oriented problem solver, helpful and strong organizational skills
- Preferred experience in physician billing with an emphasis on collections
- Proficient with oral and written communication, articulate, professional, and friendly
Virginia Spine Institute (VSI), the leading interdisciplinary spinal healthcare practice in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, is seeking a fellowship trained, board certified / board eligible Spine Surgeon to join our elite team.
For nearly 30 years we have provided exceptional spinal health care to over 90,000 patients, non-operatively and operatively. Our physicians are ranked among the best in America. VSI has been designated as a Center for Excellence in spinal healthcare by the National Spine Health Foundation. VSI and our team of 100+ are thrilled to have been recognized as a Great Place to Work by the Washington Post, Washington Business Journal and Washingtonian Magazine.
VSI is located 15 miles from Washington, DC in beautiful Reston, Virginia, known for its active lifestyle, tremendous energy and highly educated community. We are six miles from Washington Dulles International Airport with Reagan National and Baltimore Washington airports within close proximity.
In this dynamic role the Spine Surgeon will evaluate, prescribe, direct and administer treatment including but not limited to minimally invasive surgery, robotic surgery, arthroplasty and spinal fusion procedures. This position will work as an integral part of a comprehensive team, which includes 3 pain management, physical medicine & rehabilitation physicians, 1 neurologist, 4 spine surgeons, 12 physician assistants, 12 physical therapists and a robust support team. For candidates that have a research interest, we have a full research program available. For consideration candidates must be a fellowship trained spine surgeon.
This position offers excellent compensation, rewarding incentive structure, full benefits, malpractice insurance, matching retirement plan, paid CME and paid time off. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, optimistic and have a strong desire to work as part of a comprehensive team to deliver unparalleled patient care.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates who are looking to provide a superior level of care to patients!
Virginia Spine Institute (VSI), the leading multidisciplinary spinal healthcare practice in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, is seeking a Patient Care Representative to join our reception team. This role is responsible for managing the patient experience and ensuring that VSI’s standards of excellence are carried over into every patient interaction; whether in-person or over the phone. Serving as a first point of contact, the Patient Care Representative plays an integral role in establishing and maintaining patient relationships. With every positive patient interaction, the Patient Care Representative is contributing to VSI’s sustained success and making a difference in our patients’ lives.
This is a full-time position working out of our Reston office. The position offers competitive pay, full benefits, 401k plan with a Company match, and three weeks of paid time off. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, able to work independently as well as with a team, and will be enthusiastic about delivering unparalleled patient care.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making exceptional first impression to new patients and providing a warm welcome to returning patients in person or on the telephone.
- Greet patients, execute check-in/check-out procedures, and explain patient process and paperwork throughout relationship with patient.
- Schedule patient appointments and confirm appointments over the phone with patients.
- Maintain security by following established procedures; monitor visitors and schedule.
- Responsible for collecting patient payments.
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls with customer service excellence.
- Generate and maintain clear, concise and accurate electronic records and files.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of the environment.
- Ability to work proficiently at any front desk position as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed at least 2 years of college and/or have 3-5 years of reception or administrative assistant experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google platforms
- EMR experience is a bonus
- Organized multi-tasker; process-focused and internally motivated
- Conscientious, supportive, stable, patient, thorough and precise; pays attention to details
- Able to utilize creative problem solving when confronted with difficult situations
- Friendly, respectful and cooperative with co-workers; a team player
- Operates calmly and efficiently in a highly dynamic environment
- Exhibits empathy and compassion toward patients; driven to go well beyond what is ‘expected’
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; conceirge phone etiquette
Virginia Spine Institute (VSI), the premier Center of Excellence for spinal health care in Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area, is seeking a Physician Assistant to complement the existing team of nine PAs. VSI recognizes these medical professionals as an integral team player as they work closely with the spinal surgeons to provide comprehensive patient care and surgical assistance.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Examines patients appropriate to the complaint(s) and develop a diagnosis or diagnoses and treatment plan for each patient in the office.
– Interprets diagnostic tests including x-rays, MRI, CT, nuclear medicine, and lab work to aid in the diagnosis and evaluation of patients.
– Educates patients regarding their individual spinal pathology utilizing diagnostic imaging and models.
– Acts as first assist in surgical procedures, including assisting the surgeon in performing the detailed aspects of discectomy, fusion, instrumentation, etc. but also detailed anatomical dissection and wound closure.
– Performs various spinal injections under fluoroscopic guidance to decrease inflammation and facilitate treatment for patients.
– Returns phone calls to patients daily to answer questions and concerns voiced by the patients as well as determines the next action needed for the patient.
– Evaluates patients’ medication usage and medical history to appropriately address medication requests and prescribe, renew, or change prescriptions for medications.
– Implements preventative screening/treatment as well as patient education for spinal problems such as osteoporosis and musculoskeletal conditioning.
– Collaborates with other functions within the practice to provide high-quality patient care and participates in organizational initiatives to aid in the success of the corporate mission.
– Physician assistant training at a two- or three-year accredited program, including didactic and clinical teaching (Master’s degree level training preferred).
– Valid NCCPA certification.
– Valid Virginia state physician assistant license.
– Must possess strong interpersonal skills, work independently as well as with a team.
– Must possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
– Must be able to manage time and multiple tasks for maximum efficiency demonstrating drive and determination never compromising quality or integrity.
– Takes initiative and is motivated to get things done, enjoys a fast-paced environment, and works well under pressure.
Benefits include a competitive salary with an incentive program, malpractice insurance, full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and 401(k) plans. Three weeks paid time off provided along with CME time and allowance. All PA-C related dues and fees are covered. To foster continued learning on the job, training is ongoing — weekly academic conferences are held to enhance the PA’s knowledge and skills.