Considered a world expert in robotic-assisted spine surgery at Virginia Spine Institute, Dr. Christopher Good will lead the newest Visiting Clinician Program at The Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery at Reston Hospital Center. Dr. Good will lend his expertise in training spine surgeons from around the world in the innovative technology utilized in robotic-assisted spine surgery. Each enrolled physician will work directly with Dr. Good to learn the technology and how its implementation offers improved results and faster recovery times for patients.
1. Using the Mazor X Robotic System, the program is designed to allow spine surgeons from around the world to learn about the technology while also developing best practices for implementation in other facilities or programs.
2. The program puts visiting surgeons through a case observation as well as a training curriculum.
3. Christopher Good, MD (Virginia Spine Institute) will lead the program. Surgeons who enroll in the program will get one-on-one instruction with Dr. Good about using the robotic surgery system.
4. The Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery designed the program to expose surgeons to the daily operations of running a comprehensive robotic surgery program from the administrative perspective while gaining insight on surgical cases.
5. “Our research is showing that Mazor robotic technology can decrease radiation to patients in the operating room, as well as improve the safety for patients having spine surgery,” Dr. Good said in a statement. “The launch of this Visiting Clinician Program at Reston Hospital Center is just one more step toward ensuring that our patients have the safest and most advanced treatment available to them.”
Click here to view the full press release on Becker’s Spine Review.
Dr. Christopher Good is a double board certified spine surgeon and the President of Virginia Spine Institute. Established as a world expert in the field, Dr. Good has pioneered the use of robotics, navigation, and augmented reality (AR) in spine surgery. He performed the first two-level disc replacement in Metro DC, Maryland, and Virginia region, and continues to evolve motion-enhancing procedures for patients suffering from neck and back conditions. Dr. Good has been named “Top Doctor” consistently over the past decade. Learn more about Dr. Christopher Good.