We’re HONORED THAT YOU'VE CHOSEN Virginia Spine Institute IN YOUR JOURNEY TO SPINAL HEALTH!
We know you have many options in spinal healthcare. We appreciate the trust and confidence you have in our practice and are excited to welcome you into our Virginia Spine Institute family. We're looking forward to meeting you -- here's what to expect at your first visit:
TAKE A TOUR OF OUR FACILITY!
- Your Dedicated Team
- What to Expect
- Step By Step Guide
- Be Sure to Bring
- Online Patient Registration
- Getting Here
- First Step to Becoming a Spinal Champion
Our 'patient experience' is led by a team of dedicated Spinal Specialists and Physician Assistants who spend quality time with you from the moment you walk in the door. Our philosophy of care and ability to offer high-quality comprehensive care means we rely on a team of trained experts. We have a warm and welcoming front desk staff and Medical Assistants to meet and greet you and begin your visit with us.
At Virginia Spine Institute, your first visit is comprehensive and thorough. Your first appointment gives us the necessary framework to customize your treatment plan. Once your condition is assessed, custom treatment options are discussed to include an array of options including non-operative care, pain management, physical therapy, and in some cases surgical intervention. Our Spinal Specialists effectively communicate information about diagnosis and treatment options with their patients. You will leave educated regarding your diagnoses, and will have discussed treatment options and expected outcomes. If we recommend further diagnostic studies or additional treatment, we want you to understand the reasons behind your plan of care. Because each patient's condition is unique, we spend quality time with you to address all of your questions and make sure you are informed about the next steps. We work in close collaboration with other specialists within our center, which may include Pain Management Specialists and Physical Therapists, to give you the most optimal outcome.
- Once you have spoken with our New Patient Coordinator and scheduled your appointment, you will receive a follow up 'Welcome Email' which gives you secure access to our online patient portal to complete the registration process.
- Prior to your appointment, you will receive a text message or a member of our Patient Care Team will call to confirm your upcoming appointment.
- Once at our office, you will be greeted by our Patient Care Team who facilitates collecting your paperwork. They will check you in for your appointment.
- One of our Medical Assistants will meet you in the waiting room and escort you back to the examination room. You will first have a quick picture taken for your medical record. This greatly assists our medical team in caring for you. Along the way, the medical assistant will collect vitals including your weight and height. These will be taken at every appointment. At this time, they will collect any imaging studies (x-rays, MRIs, etc.) or reports you may have brought with you. It is important to give these to our assistants at the beginning of your visit.
- Next, one of our Physician Assistants will collect a comprehensive medical history and perform a detailed physical examination to assess your condition. They may review imaging you have brought with you, order new in-house x-rays and begin to educate you on your condition. Our Physician Assistants work closely with the Spinal Specialists to relay your clinical information and create your treatment plan.
- You will then meet your Spinal Specialist with your Physician Assistant. As a team, they will spend quality time to learn more about your condition and discuss next steps. Your questions are answered and a personalized treatment plan is established. There will be a Medical Assistant present during this time to assist the medical team. We work as a team at Virginia Spine Institute to ensure efficiency and the highest level of care.
- Once your visit is complete, the Medical Assistant will return your imaging, reports and ensure you have all necessary prescriptions and information. They will facilitate scheduling your follow-up appointment. You will be escorted to our check out where our Patient Care Team will finish up your paperwork.
- Completed Patient Registration Packet
- Valid Drivers License or Equivalent Identification
- Health Insurance Card / Information
- A current list of all medications you are taking including dosage, frequency and why you take each medication
- A CD or hard copy of any spine-related diagnostic imaging studies (i.e. x-ray, CT, MRI images), reports, injection history, and/or medical records from related treatments. Please bring the actual CD or films so we can load them into our medical system. They will be returned to you. Please keep in mind that we are not able to access images from an outside facility.
- For new patients with an existing appointment, please click here to complete necessary patient registration prior to your initial consultation.
- If you do not yet have a scheduled appointment, please contact us online or call 703.709.1114 to speak with your New Patient Care Coordinator.
As a destination, Virginia Spine Institute is conveniently located in Reston, Virginia - just one block off the Dulles Toll Road and about one mile from the Silver Line Metro (Wiehle-Reston East Station). We are also within close proximity to Dulles International Airport (IAD). Get directions here.
Congratulations, you have taken the first step to becoming a Spinal Champion. Our Spinal Champions are people who have either operatively or non-operatively overcome back or neck pain to regain their lives. We encourage you to peruse success stories of our Spinal Champions as they inspire, teach, and provide hope for men, women, and adolescents currently suffering in pain.